HomeAboutEtsyHomemakingGarden
AnimalsHandiworkFoodGreenDIY

Thursday, March 19, 2015

Sweet Scent of Spring

The wild plums are beginning to blossom.
They certainly are a heavenly sight after winter greys.
The feathery petals are soft and pure.

At times, I think flower petals and butterfly wings
must be spun from the same fiber.

We have had an extremely mild and dry winter
which is worrisome in the way of water for summer.
There is little snow-pack in the mountains,
and we have had only a few rains.

The good news is that I began working the garden.
While last year at this time,
the ground was frozen solid.
I just got my potatoes in the ground and
am hoping to get radishes, carrots and beets in soon.
Our last freeze date is about the middle of June,
but I am following a little different advice this year.
You can read some of that in this garden post.

Our daffys aren't quite blooming yet,
but it will only be a matter of days.

I have some pretty ambitious yard and garden plans this year.
We'll see how much of it materializes.
I will keep you posted and hopefully have a mini tour coming soon.

Until next time,
Nimble Fingers and Even Stitches


5 comments:

  1. Good Morning, I am trying to catching up with friends this morning while I drink my coffee. It is a cold rainy day today with the temperature only in the 30's. I just wish that we would go back to weather like we had over the weekend. I loved your pictures and we are all concerned about rain. We didn't have that much snow in our area. Have a beautiful day. Hugs and Prayers from Your Missouri friend.Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a bit further along than we are here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We will be able to plant peas in a week or two.
    My daughter is starting some plants indoors this week.
    Spring is finally here :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. In the Northeast we still have a covering of show, but in one garden I did notice daffodils are about an inch off the ground. We will be so glad to have spring after a winter that was long with snow and very cold.


    Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop! I hope you’ll join us again next week!

    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick
    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you are sure on top of everything. Way too early to garden here, soil is very wet...which is good, we need it. You will have veggies all over the place very soon.

    ReplyDelete